Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Sweet Potato Project Update


Okay folks, for those of you who do read my stuff I thought I'd give you the update on the sweet potato project. I have now given him a name. Herman. Yep, I've named it. Now if I start carrying him around as my new 'little friend' then I really am in for trouble. However I am amazed at my little potato. His bud has now grown up to four inches and there is a vein of another bud just itching to pop out of the foil.
Yes, I know that I can plant the damn thing and have more 'new friends' pop up out of the ground but my thumb is not that green and my yard is not garden ready. I suppose I could place him in a large planter outside but the nites will soon be chilly and unforgiving to newly planted items. Besides, I'm having more fun coming home to check out how much Herman's bud has grown after working all day. I want to see how tall the bud will grow before he starts to rot and become smelly which will certainly motivate me to throw him away. It's silly I know. I laugh at myself for even allowing this to happen. I can't even believe I'm writing about it! I'm usually pretty good about throwing food out that is no longer ingestible. But this is trivial fun for me so I guess that's not so bad. Maybe I should go back to shooting pumpkins and watching them explode for my fall entertainment instead of this crazy sweet potato experiment. elizinashe

3 comments:

Bernie said...

Is this project a new form of 'living in the moment'? haha. Great to see you writing more often!

elizinashe said...

yeah, I don't know if it's 'living in the moment' or just sheer absurdity out of boredom. either way it's just ridiculous and I'm loving it!

Lee said...

Heh heh....you said "bud"..a lot.