Monday, October 12, 2009

Bittersweet

A lot of my brother's friends are on Facebook these days. I have found a few and have some have found me, thus we have 'friended' each other. One of his buddies just left me message to say 'hello' and had said that he still misses my brother and thinks of him often. Reading that brought some tears to my eyes. I think it's the first time in many, many years that any of his friends has said that to me or even talked about his death. It's been 23 years since he died. That's a long time. It still stings every now and then. I guess you never really get over it.
My brother was super smart, had a great sense of humor and had loads of really good friends. The picture taken at the wake that his friends had between them the night after his funeral says it all. He was so lucky to have all these great people in his life. I just wish he were still here to have all of them around. elizinashe

2 comments:

Bernie said...

You never really get over a loss, but how you feel about it changes over time.
In a way your brother is here every time you talk about him. He was/is lucky to have you for a sister.

Lee said...

I had a feeling about this the other night....that I just felt like you were having one of those times when you missed your brother. I could always tell when you were thinking about him and missing him. Sending you hugs! Love you much!
LeeAndra