Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy Fall Ya'll !

Well October has been a crazy month to say the least and it's not over yet! This past month has been so hectic that it has hindered my creative writing skills but I have found time to shoot a few pictures here & there for my creative outlet. I think that has been one of the few things that have kept me sane.

Work has been super wacked out. I can't wait for the smoke to clear. I blame it on poor management, lack of communication, poor parenting, lack of community resources and the changing of the seasons. Somehow Mother Nature always tends to effect us humans. You would think it would be a time of good change and settlement but sometimes change means a huge shake up in a chaotic way before it settles once again. As long as I have some wine I think I will do just fine with whatever change flies my way. haha....

The good thing about the fall season is warm, comfort food. Hearty soups speckled with beans & veggies, root vegetables like butternut squash and sweet potatoes, lima beans, green beans and garlic-laced bread. Funky hot teas and grilled turkey sandwiches. New soup recipes to try and old crock-pot favorites. Coming home to a dinner that awaits your arrival and the smell of good food wafting throughout the whole house with a warm kitty in your lap while you check your email. That kind of stuff is hard to beat after a long day of work.

You haven't been a true pet owner until you have taken a bag of poop to the vet for inspection. And when that happens you automatically keep inspecting the bathroom habits of your pet for follow up. It's humiliating enough when you as a human to 'pee in a cup' for your doctor but I think you reach a whole other level when you take a flashlight to inspect pet poop for further illness or signs of recovery when problems arise.

Unconditional love. I saw a man feed his wife this evening. She was in a wheelchair and clearly had been a victim of a stroke or a brain injury of some sort. She was mentally alert and oriented but her hands were feeble & postured. She tried to hold her fork all on her own but it became a tedious task and relented on relying on her husband to continue to feed her. And he did it with patience and love in his eyes. It made me teary eyed to say the least and comforted in knowing that real love still exists even in old age. It gave me a lot to think about, both good and bad. I just hope that I can be that lucky one day regardless of my health.

So there you go folks! That's it in a quick nutshell. I hope you find time to enjoy the little things of your fall season. elizinashe

1 comment:

Bernie said...

That 'feeding his wife' paragraph made me a little teary-eyed. Geez. Saw that in my own family a few times, except is was Mom feeding Dad because his Parkinson's shaking made it difficult for him to hold a fork. Great insight!