Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Quick Stabs

Don't know much about pink elephants however if you're seeing pink hippos then you may not be as crazy as you think. The real thing was accidentally discovered in Kenya this past week hanging close to it's mother and the rest of the neighboring hippos. Too cute, eh? It's not a form of albino-ism but a leucistic gene expression. Never heard of that before but whatever. Apparently pink hippos have been seen before but on very rare occasions being that it is a rare gene mishap. Just goes to show you that Mother Nature is full of surprises.

I popped into Best Buy yesterday in hopes of finding a cd that I've been wanting to add to my collection of other cds that I already have. I hadn't been in Best Buy in a very long time and was quite surprised at the changes. In the past when you walk in you have the typical displays of this and that but beyond those displays there were rows and rows of cds along with a row of 'hot new releases'. I used to wander up & down those isles picking through the masses of music and finding new & old treasures to take home. But yesterday I saw a very compact area of cds. It made me very sad. I think there were about 5 short isles of music that were compressed into a small floor area instead of it's original center floor area. I guess the digital download days have hurt cd sales and the need for that shiny disc is no longer. I supposed it's the sign of changing times. I wonder what's gonna come next.

The weather has changed enough that I started to go through my summer time clothes and began to set them aside and pull out some more fall-to-winter wear. I fail to remember how much crap I really do own and how much of it that I really don't wear anymore. I found two pairs of pants that were hiding on my clothes rack which one of them still had the tags on it. It was one of those things that girls say to themselves ' I'll wear it someday'. And of course, that 'someday' never really comes. I also found some nice tops that I have saved for that 'nice night out' which again has not happened. There's always an opportunity to create a 'nice night out' but I still prefer my blue jeans and my favorite sweater. Besides, last winter was way too cold to wear sparkly tops and a pair of heels. However the majority of us girls tend to buy clothes that we never wear and save clothes that just don't need to be saved because we always find something better or on clearance that we justify in purchasing. Why we do this is beyond me. It's part of our charm I guess. On the flipside of it all, I have weeded out the unnecessary items and I have a bag to take to Goodwill. I do believe I'm getting better at letting go of clothes that I haven't worn in years however I hear that there's a huge sale going on at the mall. When is payday again? elizinashe

No comments: