Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011

Happy New Year!

The ringing in of the new year brings new resolutions, promises to keep, goals to achieve, fresh attitudes and new fears.  I'm not one to make resolutions however I usually make a list of things that I wish to 'happen' or bring into my life for the coming year.  I've decided to adjust my attitude and just let go of the negative crap in my life that seems to infiltrate my being.  Some things I cannot change but I can change the way I handle all that negativity.  It does nothing but bring me down and I'm tired of feeling crappy.  Not that this whole past year was bad but I allow the 'bad chi' to dictate a little too much.  Not anymore.  

Getting back on the exercise wagon is on the agenda as well.  I have a great treadmill that I bought 6 months ago for a whopping $25 that has done nothing but collect dust.  Hmmm.....I hate to dust, therefore maybe I should start using it more so the dust won't have time to settle.  Seems that simple, eh?  I did sign up for some personal training classes this past summer and really enjoyed it for the most part but my budget just would not allow for it so I dropped out.  It was a great outlet and gave me some confidence back that my former body strength hasn't completely gone out the window.  But I still need to get back into the groove of a healthy lifestyle.  I miss being sore from a good workout.  It was proof that I was challenging my body again and burning up the fat and regaining my muscles.  I want that again.  I'd rather complain about how sore I feel than how fat I feel.  

It's so very hard to stick to plans such as this.  Although this is just a sliver of what I hope to accomplish for the year I don't want to lose my motivation.  It's all too easy to fall off the radar and give up.  How many resolutions have you started and completed?  Easy to say, hard to do.  However, if you allow the negativity to bring you down then you will fail.  I think one key is to find your cheerleader to help keep you motivated.  Have a cheerleader to remind you of what your goals are and remind you of how much you are loved.  A little encouragement can go a long way.  My cheerleaders are spread out across the globe but at least I have cheerleaders.  

So my readers, what are some of your goals for 2011?  What do you want to happen for you this year?  Yes, some things you will not be able to change and yes you will get discouraged, however you still have the power to make this year what you want it to be.  2010 pretty much sucked and I'm glad it's gone.  I refuse to allow all things negative and negative people to bring me down.  Bring it on I say and let's get on with it!  elizinashe

3 comments:

Bernie said...

One of my resolutions is to help you get more people reading the good things you say here ... and the readers you do have should comment more. Another is to spend more in-person time with my out-of-town friends, including you. I'm off to a good start hitting the gym, have a better attitude at work, more photography coming, I've been blogging more frequently. You already know the others on my list.

Congrats on the treadmill - get those dust bunnies in shape! :)

I predict a good year for you - you've earned it. Happy to be one of your cheerleaders.

Lee said...

Ooo Lookit! I'm on the blog again.

I am going to write more again.
I am going to lose this weight I have put on.
I am going to enjoy the things I like more and not give in to everyone else's wishes.
I am going to be a more understanding and patient mom with my girls.
I am going to say "NO" to people.

that's my list so far...
Love you,
Nandra

elizinashe said...

Woo Hoo! Bring it on 2011! In a good way that is....