Monday, January 17, 2011

Grrr!!!!

This picture cracks me up. I stole it from a friend who had also stole it from one of his friends. Sometimes thieving can be fun. I'd like to have my own set of these bunnies. I see some online shopping in my future.

Not much else to brag about. Just sloshing through the melting snow these days and getting mentally prepared for the next wave of winter weather because we all know that's it's not over. (sigh.) If I were a rich woman I'd be planning an island vacation right now. Maybe next year. My toes cannot wait for that first warm day so they can be naked again.

Other quick topics for reading pleasure:
  • Hecubus-he's such a good kitty despite the way he treats visitors. He's got it made living with me and he knows it. He's all about the flannel sheets on the bed and has even propped himself amongst the pillows while he buries the rest of his body under the covers when I'm not there. Maybe he's evolving into a human. As I try to fall asleep, Hecubus will get all up into my shoulder area to cuddle and stretch his front paws around my neck and into my hair to keep his paws warm as if I am his personal muffler, while his whiskers tickle my face keeping me awake. That's all fine & dandy but their will come a day when I have my own personal bed warmer/muffler to cuddle with and Hecubus will not be happy about that! Gentlemen be warned! He will protest and make noise as he has done in the past. Funny how pets can be sometimes.
  • The Golden Globes & impending Oscars-I've always liked watching award shows such as these. Even the Grammy Awards which involves music but that's not so surprising if you really know me. I like to see how far the emcee is going to push the monologues and other introductions. I like seeing who's wearing what and live vicariously through the glamor. I've always wanted to throw an Oscar party with my guests dressed up like the stars, serve drinks and snooty appetizers. I think it would be fun to have my guests fill out ballots to vote on who they think will win and have party favors for those who guessed the right winners. I even have a plan to ensure that the nominated movies can be seen first before the big event. Perhaps that can be my creative endeavor for this coming year....
  • Mom & Dad-things have been well. Last year was certainly difficult for both but it seems that my dad is settling into a different life fairly well. He even drove with his brother up to Colorado for my cousins wedding. Why those two opted to drive from the deep heart of Texas where my uncle lives all the way up to the Rockies is beyond me. The drive was very long but I guess it gave them some good bonding time. I'm really glad that my dad went out on this adventure. He still asks me about mom when we talk and I know he still loves her but at least he's moving on in small steps. I guess that's a good thing. I just thankful that he's in a better space.
So that's about it ya'll. What's new in your corner of the world? elizinashe

2 comments:

Bernie said...

Pets can be pretty good judges of character sometimes. Scary. Aloha.

Lee said...

I like your idea of an Oscar Party. I think it would be fun too. My problem is most of the movies I haven't seen now...I never go to the movies anymore.
I also miss my Helen and Randall. I miss having kitties in the house. Dogs aren't the same.
BLEH!