Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Indecisions

I used to be really, really good about planning my meals.  I was in a different phase of my life as we all were in the past but again, I was really good about it.  I was at least 10lbs skinnier, I worked out, drank less and was making more money and lived in a nice apartment with a great kitchen.  Now, many moons later, my career path had changed which changed my income as well as my dwellings and drinking habits.   I no longer plan my meals well nor do I enjoy cooking as much as I had once before but I attribute part of that aspect to my tiny kitchen minus the dishwasher. 

Today was a rather warm day which kind of kills your appetite.  Normally,when it's this warm I tend to go for cold, snack type fare.  Salads, sushi, simple veggies and chicken, dips with crackers and cheese and so on and so on....however none of that stuff appealed to me at all today.  I even texted a friend in hopes of being inspired to make something satisfying.  But alas, none of his suggestions sounded worthy of a meal.  Not due to bad suggestions, but just due to the fact that I am bored my food options. 

Sometimes I wish that I lived somewhere else where I had more variety of choices.  Now mind you, my current hometown is a foodie's paradise.  There are many restaurants that have been noted in many magazines, travel brouchures, award winning contests and a 'must eat here' fanfare.  Yes, we have some awesome local restaurants and I have visited many.  However, if you're looking for something quick and different then that can present a challenge unless you already have made plans with family or friends to hit the town.  And if you like local brews, whether it be beer or coffee, we have plenty that as well. 

However, I feel like if I lived somewhere else like some of the places I have visited then I wouldn't have such 'what do I want for dinner' issues like I had tonight.  There are times that I get this way and it frustrates me which is rather stupid to a degree but being a 'foodie' myself, I want something different and satifying to say the least.  I am tired of the same ol' same ol' and the idea of cooking doesn't always get me excited when it's late in the evening and I have to clean up a mess that I have made that will feed four or more people when I just need to feed myself.  Ah...the joys of singlehood. 

Needless to say, I relented to a salad and a piece of fried chicken paired with a nice glass of wine followed by half of a chocolate muffin with berries.  At least the wine and chocolate was satisfying.  And yes, I griped about making dinner.  I am certain that there are many others with hungry kids who are in that same boat.  I have no doubt about that.  But being 'Miss Independent' has it's own challenges.  Guess I'm still learning about myself in that realm.  Until next time....Bon Appetite!  elizinashe

1 comment:

Bernie said...

Your town is foodie nirvana! Although it gets pricey eating out every night. Rarely had a bad meal there, and as you well know some places were so good they were repeated. I guess the unique ones are all downtown so that can be an issue when you're indecisive and not in the mood for finding a parking place.
You'll have a foodie change of pace soon. :)