Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Ahh...Fashion Week

Oh Fashion Week, how I love thee.  Not that I am a fashionista myself nor do I aspire to be a Carrie Bradshaw but just for the simple fact that I get to blog about the ridiculous outfits that are strutted down the runway.  And this time for men!  What a bonus!  

Yes, I understand that for the most part 'Fashion Week'  is meant to be some sort of statement. An art if you will, but this get-up is nothing but an over-glamorized crocheted concoction of 'what the hell?'.  Really?  This is considered artistic in the world of fashion?  What part?  Grandma's living room?  This looks like a basketball uniform gone totally wrong. 


And here we have what looks like a tribute to space nerds.  Perhaps a tribute to the hipsters who watch the 'Big Bang Theory'.  To which, I must admit, I do watch the re-runs myself but I don't think I would resort to wearing something like this.  And the shoes!  Oh my!  Yes they look inspired from the Asian culture which is just fine but if I saw some dude walking down the street in a suit with those sandals and we weren't in Chinatown, I think I'd be looking for the local Drag Queen show.  Just sayin'.  Aren't I horrible?  


Aside from the 'man bag' I almost like this one.  I can totally see David Bowie wearing  this-like 20 years ago when the 80's were cool.  Maybe not so much today but definitely when Bowie was past his Ziggy Stardust days and moving into the wildly patterned and colorful genre of the late 80s and early 90s.  But it still cracks me up.  I doubt that any man in his right mind would be walking around in Paris or London in this powersuit.  And never in Italy!  Those people know how to dress!  And eat.  And drink.  And make love.  Hell....why am I living here?  Hahaha.....Regardless, Fashion Week gives me much pleasure just so I can have something to gawk about and have a good laugh.  

If you're interested in seeing the whole slide show I will leave a link down below.  Hopefully I will post it correctly so all may enjoy for your viewing pleasure.  Or at least, a good laugh.  Enjoy!  elizinashe




 



No comments: