Saturday, January 18, 2014

Wine & Makeup

I like wine.  Sometimes I really like it.  I typically have a glass every night with dinner and certainly on a 'girls night'.  I think I was just destined to me a wine lover.  I don't go for the fancy-schmancy type stuff, and you really don't have to spend a lot of money on a nice bottle, whether you prefer reds or white.  In fact, some  of the more expensive stuff I found to be not so pleasing not to mention a terrible hangover after two glasses.  Regardless, I think the whole wine loving thing has always been around me.  

My mom has said that I was a very 'active baby' while she was pregnant with me.  I moved around a lot, especially when it came to mealtime.  I find that pretty funny.  How did I know she was going to eat?  She also said there was an evening close to the end of her pregnancy where I just wouldn't settle.  She was miserable, fat and very tired.  Apparently my parents had people over for dinner or something like that and she finally took one sip of wine so she could relax and go to bed.  That one sip settled me down and mom was able to rest.  She also told me another episode when I barely a year old and I was having a real fussy night.  I had been sick, or so she tells me, and was just crying my head off.  Mom had a glass of wine close by and according to her, I grabbed her glass and wouldn't let go, so she let me take a swig.  Once I had me a big ol' sip, mom says I had a big smile on my face, stopped crying and calmed down enough to go to sleep peacefully.  Guess I should thank my mom for my wine loving habits.  

If you wear makeup then you will know what I'm talking about.  A lot of the shades of blush, lipstick, eyeshadows, foundations have basic colors but the marketing part is where they subliminally make you buy their product.  'Sassy Pink', 'Just Peachy', 'Flirty Red', 'Come Heather' and so forth.  I had discovered that my choices of blush and lipsticks have had a 'wine theme' due to the color scheme looked well on me as opposed to purposely buying them because it made me think of wine.  I have 'Wine with Everything', 'Cabernet Cruise', 'Merlot', 'Champagne', and I think I even had a 'Pinot' at one time.  Really.  And I really don't wear a lot of makeup nor do I wear lipstick often.  Hell, I have lipstick that is years old.  Thus, the wine themed names still exist in my bathroom.  I have no idea what kind of makeup themes are the new trend as of late.  Again, I don't wear a whole lot therefore I don't buy new shadows or lipstick every week.  However, if I get hard up on something new I can always look for something 'wine like'.  It's served me well so far, so why change?  I like consistency. 

I really didn't start drinking wine on a frequent basis until close to the end of my bartending career.  It was always one of those 'special occasion' type of things.  Holidays, birthdays, celebrations and so forth.  However, during all those years that I rarely drank, I think the idea of it was always around me unintentionally.  Thus, the previous paragraph.  Now I really enjoy my wine, especially after a long day or spending time with special friends whether I'm on a vacation or I have friends visiting me.  And always for a holiday meal.  It would be sin not to have some fermented grapes after slaving in the kitchen all day.  Haha...
Speaking of which, guess I should do a little primping.  I've got dinner plans and a glass of wine in my near future.  Now, which shade of lipstick should I wear?  Salut!  elizinashe

No comments: