Saturday, September 13, 2014

Guess What?

Yep.  I'm awake.  I could only hope that I'm in somebody's dream.  Haha...

So as I am coming off three nights of work, here I sit at my pute with a half shaved cat in my lap halfway watching a cheesy family friendly movie with Lea Thompson and Judd Nelson.  Classic 80's stars that have aged gracefully and playing middle aged characters for television.  Never been a big fan of Lea but I do still dig me some Judd Nelson.  

As for the 'half shaved cat' quip, I had to take Hecubus back to the vet for a sonogram so we could get a good picture of his stomach and gall bladder area.  I expected the shaving of the belly part and some of his side, but the vet sure did shave quite a ways up on both sides of his belly.  Poor thing.  He's got a reverse mohawk kind of look to him.  He just looks pitiful.  At least the sonogram results were fairly good.  No changes from last year and no eminent surgery at this point.  Hopefully his fur will grow back  quickly.  

I discovered a little bit of water creeping into my basement last week after a hard rain.  It wasn't a whole lot but just enough to trickle in towards the opposite wall.  I'm sure it's something simple like a small portal of entry from all the runoff from my neighbor's drain.  There was some of that good ol' red Carolina clay mixed in with it too.  Luckily I've got a guy coming Monday to check it out.  If it's a foundation issue, to which I pray that it's not, I guess I will call upon that Home Warranty that the sellers paid for as a part of my sale contract.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  

I've been getting into puns lately.  It started with an email that my dad sent me from one of his buddies that had a few puns in the attachment.  Good stuff.  That led me to searching a website for more puns.  Found some good ones.  Made me laugh.  Who doesn't like a clever 'one liner'?  And so...I will leave you with a couple of quips in hopes it will make you laugh as well.  

Never trust an atom.  They make up everything. 
Police were called to a nursery where a three year old was resisting a rest. 
So this dyslexic walks into a bra....

That last one is one of my favorites.  Makes ya think a little bit.  Gotta love it.  elizinashe


No comments: