Monday, September 1, 2014

Late Night Ramblings

So I've worked 4 night shifts in the last 5 days.  Thus, I'm awake.  Good thing I have cable.  Otherwise I think I'd be going out of my mind.  Not that I can't 'entertain myself' but after a while, the creative juices leave and the boredom sets in all too well.  

I had mentioned in a previous post about the Duggars.  I have one slight correction.  Yes, one daughter is newly married and newly pregnant after being married for only two months.  Sheesh. However, the next daughter in line is engaged, not currently married as I had thought.  However, like her older sister, the happy couple will have their first kiss on their wedding day.  Apparently the son-in-law to be has moved to the family compound, in the guest house mind you, so the two can be closer and visit since he previously had lived four hours away.  Jesus....What really gets me is that the 'courting time' is chaperoned and they aren't supposed to 'touch' or do any of that normal dating, excuse me, 'courting' stuff.  What the hell?  The girl is 21 years old!  How does monitoring and restricting your child's dating life prepare them for the real world or adulthood or even intimacy?  And get this, the father was okay with the son-in-law to be moving into their 'guest house' because they have 'so much going on' that he can help out with the family.  I kind of find that sickening....using innocent kids for your gain.  Doesn't seem very Christian to me.  

I really don't mind working nights so much.  However, it does kind of put a damper needing to get 'daytime' errands done.  Like vehicle maintenance, regular eating schedules, meetings for work and so forth.  I have friends coming in October for a visit.  I just hope that I can turn around and be a functioning day time person so I can spend quality time with them both, instead of having them wait all damn day for me to 'wake up'.  Guess I will need to make a plan to recalculate my body clock ahead of time.  

I could go on and on since I have time and can't sleep, but I tend to write long blogs anyway, or so I feel, which can be distracting and leave the reader inattentive.  So I will keep this short.  I finally finished my book that I started a couple months ago.  I have a hard time reading at home so I try to read when I go out to eat and sometimes at work, and I haven't gone out to eat very much lately.   Work had been super busy the last couple of months so it became difficult to finish reading.  But alas, I had two nights the past ten days where I could finally finish my treasure.  I do love this author's books and I so want to meet him someday.  I've read about seven of his books which is a real record for me.  He cracks me up and given that today's world is all screwy and I work in a high stress field, his work is a lovely distraction.  Guess I need to put a book signing on my bucket list and make that happen.  Until next time....elizinashe

No comments: