Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Guess I'm a Nite Owl Afterall...

I'd Kinda Like to be Here Right Now
Yep. I'm awake.  I should be asleep by now but I guess my body is just so acclimated to the cause that even in my off time, I'm still up.  No big deal really.  It just messes with my daytime plans.  And important ones, too.  Only us night shifters can understand where I'm coming from.  Sure wish my night driving eyesight were better.  I could take the opportunity to take some night pics.  Guess I need to eat some more carrots, eh? 

How close are you to your family?  I mean, are you super tight and tell each other everything?  Or is it just more a general type of family function?  Or perhaps, you all hate each other and only get together on holidays because that's just what you're supposed to do. 

I'm fairly close with my parents.  I know my mother wishes we could be closer, but there are and have been issues that just made things different for me, even at a young age.  My dad...well..we are pretty close but it seems that we are closer on the telephone than in person.  Does that sound weird?  Maybe it's me.  Maybe I have a hard time getting close to people.  Or maybe it's just getting close to my family.  I have some pretty tight friends, and they have seen me at my ugliest and lowest points and they have seen me at my very best.  And I have no problem telling my friends that I love them.  Family...that's a bit different.  Sometimes I know why, and other times I do not.  I just wish it would feel, or shall I say be normal to be that way. 

So what do you do when you can't sleep?  Other than think of totally random things like family and "being close", which clearly is what is on my mind tonight.    Make yourself some scrambled eggs, have a glass of wine and a smoke and go to bed.  And in that order.  (insert winking emoji here.)  I've already devoured my eggs, my wine glass is almost empty and I'm ready for that smoke.  Nitey nite!  elizinashe

No comments: