Thursday, July 9, 2015

Picky Bits

Ever Feel Like This?
Ever feel like you're being "left out'?  Like you're the last kid to be picked to be a member of the team?  I've been that kid.  And it didn't feel good. I kinda feel like I'm in that place again.  Kinda sucks.  And what kind of word is "kinda" anyway? 

I've learned that the house next door to me has become one of those Airbnb rentals.  I had my suspicions one weekend and upon my internet search, sure enough there it was.  So far, the clients who have been in and out, which have been many this past month, have been pretty quiet.  What has really irked me is that there have been two occasions where these visitors parked behind my house in my extra driveway.  Not cool.  Both cars were removed after I had asked them to move.  Why would a complete stranger park in somebody else's house when they are not the guest of that home?  I find it quite rude.  I've already contacted the owners of this Airbnb thru their website, asking them to remind their clients that they are not allowed to park on my property.  If it happens again, it won't be pretty.  If you are not my guest, my friend or my family then don't park in my driveway.  Period.  

How long is too long to respond to a message?  I'm a rather inpatient person by nature but I have sent two different friends a message regarding this weekend in the last couple of days and so far no reply.  Nothing.  Kinda makes me wonder.  Makes me a bit sad too.  It's hard to keep up with friends, especially when you have a crazy work schedule such as mine.  So when I reach out it means I really want to talk to you. 

 I envy those who have normal working schedules and have all sorts of fun and exciting things planned.  I envy those who are able to take long vacations and make several beach trips during the year.  It must be nice.  And I am glad that they are able to do so.  But there's a part of me that's a bit jealous.  Maybe a lot jealous...I just haven't had the opportunity to have that pleasure.  I'm a one income household.  And that can be a bit difficult at times.  I'm very happy to be independent, don't    get me wrong about that.  I've worked very hard to get back on my feet, and have a good income.  But it's still a struggle at times and there are days that I wish that there was another person by my side to share this journey with me.  Struggles and all.  That's not too much to ask is it? 

In the meantime, the wheels are turning in my head to plan ahead and do something really fun at the end of the year.  I want to be somewhere sunny and warm, surrounded by friends for New Year's Eve.  I have a couple of ideas planted in my head already.  The trick is getting some peeps together to join me, as the holidays typically keep friends committed to their family fares.  Keeping my fingers crossed and my hopes realistic.  I really want to make this happen.  Hopefully I will find some victims to join me in my endeavor.  Wish me luck!  I just might need it.  elizinashe

No comments: