Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes...

Do I Have To? 
Change is hard.  Especially when you are used to something that is safe and comfortable.  But, change is inevitable.  That's a fact.  Might as well embrace it and move forward.  Otherwise you really won't grow.  

My bank recently informed me that I will be charged an $8.00 fee per month for my monthly statements.  I wasn't really surprised.  But..I wasn't happy about it either.  However, I can receive 'credits' if I keep a minimum balance of X amount of dollars or X amount of debit transactions and more credits if I choose to receive on-line statements, instead of paper.  Thus, I can totally eliminate all fees by going paperless and keeping a set amount of money in my account at all times.  Sounds easy enough, but I do like my paper.  I like getting those monthly statements and checking things off so I know how much money I've spent (eek!) and making sure my balance matches what my bank statement says.  Needless to say, I've gone to paperless statements to which they will now arrive in my email account.  Ugh.  I already get enough crap in my email and most of it is junk these days.  Aside from work, does anyone really email anyone anymore?  Anyway..so I'm moving forward in this endeavor.  I refuse to pay any bank fees just to be a customer.  Hopefully I won't screw things up in my attempts to do this on-line banking thing.  

My mother has been going through some changes herself which is making her think twice about a lot of things, to which I'm pretty sure it's got her freaked the hell out and she's not willing to totally admit that to me.  And it looks like my role in the situation will be taking more of a lead to which I know she will have some real struggle with.  She's always been a really strong and independent woman and these life changes that she is facing is going to be really hard.  And I think it's all beginning to really sink in and she's beginning to make some changes that I think are not so smart on her part, because she's beginning to get a little panicked.  That I  know, without her admitting that to me.  Keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't do anything totally stupid.  If only she would listen to me....I mean, really listen to me.  And that is key.  Otherwise, she will be miserable.  And I will leave it at that.  

So..how do you handle change?  They say 'Change is good'.  And I will agree with that.  At least for the most part. Some changes are not so nice.  And it's those 'not so nice' changes that really freak me out and throw me out of my element.  I hope that the changes that are ahead of me are nice and slow so I can transition and get comfortable in that new skin.  I know it won't be easy but there's not too much I can do to make it different.  Fingers crossed and deep breaths, this too shall pass.  elizinashe

No comments: