Monday, June 8, 2015

Where's My Magic Wand?

Ever Feel This Way?
How does one "do it all'?  How do you balance your responsibilities with social activities?  Ugh...one of my many challenges and struggles.  

Now that the weather is more friendly, I've been wanting to tap into that more.  You know, get out and hike, go take pictures, hit the beach, sit outside and eat at a nice local joint outside somewhere, hook up with friends, go see a concert....all that fun stuff that so many others seemingly do all summer long.  But...when it's just you...sometimes that's a challenge.  Meaning, all that stuff costs extra money.  And when you're the only income coming into the home...that extra spending can add up quick.  Not to mention when you have unexpected expenses pop up that take away from that fun time spending.  Like the two trips to the vet I had this past month.  Ugh.

Plus, house stuff...just had my deck painted and protected.  Which has always been a plan, but the supplies and labor was fair enough.  But still...instead of going to a concert I wanted to see this past Saturday night, I stayed home.  Which actually was fine.  I was dog tired.  And lying on my couch was just what I needed at that time. But, it was a show that I would have liked to see.  Oh well..maybe next time?   So now it's catch up time.  You know...laundry, food, tending to the flowers, clearing out boxes that still haunt me...and so on.  I guess that stuff never really ends.  I suppose I need to decide what's more important.  Having a perfect house or a perfect mind.  How do you have both?  Does anybody?  Looking for balance.  I've tried that Jennie blink.  Doesn't work.  Neither does that nose twitching thing.  Guess it never hurts to try, eh?  elizinashe
I Need More of This! 

No comments: