Thursday, May 28, 2015

The Joys of Being Pet Owner


I Just Look Mean...
My cat Hecubus has not been himself lately.  I've taken him to the vet, to which lab results really didn't indicate much but a bit of anemia which could be related to his age.  So goes an iron  supplement....

But..the last couple of days he's still not quite himself.  And he's moving in a way that makes me think he had something spinal or a joint issue going on.  So back to the vet we went tonight.  So far all looks well.  At least, X-ray wise.  Can't really see anything ligament wise, which is another concern for me.   And if that is the issue, then how in the hell did he injure, or tear a ligament?  Geeze....

I will spare you of the details but it's just frustrating to see your cat anxious and not up to par.  He doesn't seem to be in any pain but he's hesitant and sits around like he's waiting for something.  Weird.  And sad.  He's thinking about something but what that something is I have no idea.  I just wish he'd get back on the mend.  He still has some life in him I know.  He's that stubborn.  And I know he's not suffering.  I wouldn't be that cruel, plus I've been there, done that with my other cat that I had to 'put down' a few years back.  I just wish I could get a real answer.  

I love having a cat.  And I love my cat.  It sucks that I can't read his mind so I can figure out what the hell is going on with him.  Poor thing.  He still has a good appetite, drinks plenty of water and continues to sit on top of me.  All normal behavior for him.  And that's a good thing.  Wonder if cat's get dementia?  Wonder if the pain meds have him hallucinating.  Who knows...I just hope that God will lay his healing hands on my kitty just for a little bit longer.  And my God help me when 'that time' does come...it won't be pretty.  Sayin' my prayers ya'll.  elizinashe

2 comments:

Linda V. said...

It may be a touch of arthritis, he is older. And being older, its easier to injure that soft tissue (ligaments). If he's still jumping up on the bed or sofa, he could have pulled a muscle. Get some steps for him. And talk to your vet about joint care, there are supplements that can help with arthritic joints. I've got 2 elderly kitties and I do use the steps so they can get up on their favorite chair. Yep, I'm nuts about my gang, too! (all 4 of them)

elizinashe said...

thanks Linda! don't know if he'd dig the steps. cats are picky creatures. I think it's more a ligament thing, which surgery most likely won't be a help. plus, he's old..so do I torture him with that? hopefully he will like a joint supplement treat. gonna try that. love my kitty!