Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Up in the Wee Hours...

This is Awesomely Weird
It's a quiet, rainy night.  Or shall I say morning?  It is after midnight after all...

One thing about being up at this hour, at home, is that it can be rather peaceful.  The rest of my neighborhood is fast asleep, all the lights are off and I get to enjoy the serenity of a quiet spring rain falling upon us in the dark.   It's a small moment that's all my own.  I kinda like that.  

I really don't mind working nights, as I have said before.  But yes, it does mess with my day stuff.  Or at least I think so.  I guess what I struggle with is that I feel like I should have a quick 'turn around' and crawl out of bed before the morning truly ends and be productive like everyone else.  You know, got to the gym, run three miles, go to the store, clean the house, get the car services and all that jazz.  When it reality, not everyone is able to do that sort of thing all in one day regardless of when you wake up and begin your day.  What I need to remind myself is that I'm doing just fine with the schedule I have and I typically get things done, at least the important things get done, and all before it gets dark.  So I guess that's what's really important, right?  I kinda like staying up late in my off time.  It's a kind of 'down time' that's all my own and a way to not stress myself out over the little things.  Although that kind of stress will always be there...I guess what I'm really saying is that working nights, and staying up late at night because of that in my off time, has forced me to relent to the things I can never change and just 'let go' of trying to be perfect or 'get it all done'.  Which has always been a challenge for me.  I'm sure someone out there knows exactly what I mean.  Or at least I hope so.  

So...here I sit, pecking away on my pute..writing to whomever reads my shit.  I'm just glad I have this thing called a blog.  It's given me wonderful opportunities to vent, celebrate, grieve and create.  I wish more people would blog.  I find it very therapeutic and at times, inspiring.  My original plan was to write more creatively but it turned out to be more 'journal like' which is perfectly okay.  But...I do plan on writing more creatively.  As I have many ridiculous thoughts that run amok in my head.  And that's a good thing.  Peace out ya'll.  elizinashe

2 comments:

Linda V. said...

I love those quiet times too. I will have a lot of time to reflect and write more in the coming months. Having knee replacement surgery on Monday (6/1). I'll keep reading, you keep writing! Have a wonderful week!

elizinashe said...

thanks for reading Linda! Hope all goes well with the surgery. I will be sending you healing thoughts out your way.