Monday, May 11, 2015

No Rhyme or Reason


Ever Felt Like This?
" My head won't leave my head alone/ And I don't believe it will/ Until I'm dead and gone"

I've been feeling a bit grouchy lately.  In fact, maybe a lot grouchy.  No real reason or trigger, just some nasty thoughts and old feelings rearing their ugly head.  And it's been driving me nuts.  The thing that gets me the most is that I've allowed these old feelings of anger and resentment occupy my head.  The key word is allow.  And I hate that.  Today I feel like those ugly little monsters have finally left and have been lifted away.  

Maybe it was the weather that made me so irritable before the storm came and went.  Maybe it's too much work stuff and not enough fun stuff.  Maybe it's the rediscoveries of old momento's and family pics of happier times before everything changed.  Who knows.  Maybe my head just needed to go to that dark place for a visit.  I'm glad those ugly thoughts left my brain.  But...those thoughts and  days of self-torture always return.  Hopefully I will find a better way to get it out of my head before it drives me nuts all over again.  

Don't let the lyrics above cause you any worry.  It's one of my favorite DMB songs from long ago.  And when I heard those words, it gave me a peace of mind in a strange and relieving sort of way.   I've always loved their  music, and I can really identify with some of the  words that they write.  Good or bad, Dave writes some pretty good shit and I dig that. 

And so to end this little frustration,  I will tend to some other duties and leave you be.  My mind is clear and it sounds like we've got another little storm brewing outside.  Maybe this next storm will wash away any remaining  nasty thoughts and feelings.  I'm ready for a fresh start.  elizinashe

" What I want is what I've not got/ And what I need is all around me".

No comments: