Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Peeps, Food, Music & a Lame Kitty

I Dig Gargoyles
When it rains it pours.  So they say.  My 'stay-cation' is turning to be fruitful and frightful.  Guess it can't all be rosy, eh?

I've got a friend coming over for dinner.  Which makes me happy.  I've spent the day cleaning up some last minute stuff and taking random pictures around the house.  Got have a fun distraction, right?  

However, my car has some flashing VSC indicator lights when I drive, which makes me nervous.  I've had my share of vehicle problems all through nursing school.  I don't want anymore.  Luckily, I have an appointment set up for tomorrow with my mechanic.  Plus, upon my research, my car is still drivable at this point, which means I can make it safely to the repair shop, and most likely, it won't be a huge issue.  At least that's my wish.  

But, my dear Hecubus is becoming more lame mobility wise.  His back leg is beginning to give out a bit more.  And I'm getting frustrated with my veterinarian.  One, they misplaced an X-ray that I had done back in December, to which they have now found.  Two, the referral to an orthopedic vet never was faxed or received.  Umm...I've been trying to get a proper diagnosis for three weeks now and I feel like I keep getting the run-around.  It's very frustrating.  Hecubus moves around okay, but it's the stairs he's having real issues with, plus he get pretty anxious and paces around.  Sometimes, he looks down the stairs as if he's debating about going down.  And yes, I pick him up and carry him up and down the stairs as often as I can.  Especially if I know I'm going to be spending a lot of time upstairs, or going to bed, as he likes being around me at all times.  I just want him to be comfortable and I don't want to come home to a cat screaming in pain.  It just breaks my heart...knowing what may come to pass.  

So as I finish up household duties, listening to some  Muse on iHeart radio, I peck away on my keyboard and anxiously await to begin dinner festivities.  It's been a relaxing day for the most part and I am so freakin' glad I took time away from work this week.  I more than needed it.  Until next time....elizinashe

No comments: