Monday, July 20, 2015

Musings in the Bathroom

No Norman Here....
Why is it that the most random thoughts pop into your head while you're in the shower?  It's not surprise to me that some of the greatest ideas have happened while you're sitting on the john or soaking in the tub.  Guess it's just one of those things. 

As I was taking my shower this afternoon, the most random thought came to light.  I think we can all agree that the world we live in is so much different than the world we grew up in.  When I was younger, like say 9, 10 years old...and after, my mom would happily drop me and my friend(s) off at the local pool and pick us up later.  Yep.  Us younglings were released from parental supervision to spend the afternoon at the pool, where anything could have happened, but never did.  I remember being dropped off at the movies with my friends, all by ourselves with no parents, to catch a show.  These days, I wonder if parents do the same.  I know if I were a parent I sure as hell wouldn't drop off my kid without some sort of adult supervision.  Our world today is just too fucked up to leave kids alone like that.  I guess I am lucky that I had that experience, and even luckier still that nothing horrible happened.  

Ah politics....I'm tired of it already.  I'm really not one to voice a lot of opinions on the matter but it's getting a little hard lately.  Simply because people are misinformed, stupid and believing all the bullshit that has been dished out because our country has been brainwashed that our current leader has led our country into a horrible despair.  Which, I believe is not true.  I don't understand why the general public expects our President(s) to be perfect and fix all of our national problems in their first year of term and/or their whole term.  That's just not realistic.  C'mon folks...let's get real.  And to insult and devalue a veteran and POW who has served, and still serving our country,  is completely unpatriotic.  What a freakin' idiot.  Have some respect jackass.  And keep talking...soon enough all political parties will happily kick you out of the running and I will rejoice on that day in full regalia.  That will be a most joyful day indeed.  Now to work on the other contenders....keeping my fingers crossed.  

I work in a really difficult field.  It's kinda my norm really.  Some days are really tough, and others are just like any other day.  No big deal.  Just like any other job.  I think anyone could say that regardless of what they do for a living.  But today, as I was coming home from work, I realized how lucky I really am.  Not because I have a good job, to which I do, but I am thankful for having some pretty good health, a nice roof over my head and my wits about me.  I have come across some really sick people.  Not only physically but mentally as well.  Most physical issues you can heal, or find ways to live your life.  For those with mental illness, its a daily battle.  Especially those who so caught up in a world that's not really real, but real to them, it can be a horrible life.  And there is very little to change that.  Yes, medicines can help, but it won't make it go away completely.  You can take meds to get rid of a cold or a headache, but you can't take away mental illness.  And that must be a very difficult thing to live with every day.  I wish people understood that more.  

And so...I will end it here.  I still am in desperate need of a beach getaway.  I'm so jealous of other people's beach vacations and their pictures to prove it that have been splashed across my news feed on FB.  I had vowed after nursing school that I'd make a quick getaway to the beach, as I have not been in about 10 years or so.  But alas...I just haven't been able to go.  Maybe next year.  However, as I have said before, if you put it out there in the Universe, then it will come to you.  So I will leave a nice beachy pic to which I hope to be in that beachy pic this time next year.  Guess I better start working on the bikini body, eh?  elizinashe
Don't Forget the Flipflops!

No comments: