Monday, August 29, 2016

Late Night Ramblings...

I Dig Our Downtown
I've been doing a lot of reflecting lately.  I've come a long way in my quest to find myself, and I'm still finding my way in this world.  I think that's just a life long process to begin with.  

I'm pretty happy with life these days.  Some aspects could be better and many aspects could be a lot worse.  And I am pretty aware of that.  I'm just thankful for having a good life.  

Sometimes I miss the days of exploring downtown late at night with friends, checking out some bar and listening to live music.  Back in the day, it was a night of drinking, dancing and meeting people.  Sometimes I'd meet a guy.  But those kind of relationships never quite lasted.  But those were fun days for sure.  

I miss walking the streets, agreeing on a place for a late night breakfast and coffee and tumbling home in the wee hours crashing into bed, reminiscing over the night.  Sometimes regretfully too.  haha..

There was what was seemingly a freedom in having such weekends.  Young and free without much a care in the world.  When you're young, working with a hangover was a slight given.  Nowadays, not so much.  But I do miss those days...leaving your place at night, wearing something special, hair and makeup done with the goal in mind to have some fun.  Now I know others who would get out and about had other agenda's, but for myself, I just wanted to have a few drinks, do some dancing and have a good time doing so.  And there was just something wonderful about that late night breakfast with coffee and cigarettes.  Hadn't done that in a long time.  Maybe I will go revisit a night like that soon.  Late night breakfast talk is always a good thing.  I do like good conversation over a cup of coffee.  Feeling a bit hungry as I write...maybe I'll go make some eggs.   Until next time...elizinashe
The Best Thing Ever After a Night At the Bar

No comments: