Monday, October 10, 2016

Just Some Stuff...

Time for a Refresher
Wow..so much has been going on and yet stuff that's not so important.  I feel like the overload I have had in my head is slowly waning...the past month or so has been pretty stressful in many areas- work, home, personal, family...you name it.  And I allowed it all to mess with my head. 

So a lot of that 'stuff' is beginning to leave so to speak, it's just been one day at a time.  It's just been a bit hard it seems and I'm glad I'm coming out of this funk.  

I finally broke down and got a new phone.  Sheesh...my old phone didn't cost this much!  Why so expensive now?  My old phone, which was a "4", was getting really sketchy.  It would drop calls, automatically call or attempt to text someone in the middle of another call, if not drop the call, freeze up and there was a lot of re-booting going on.  Ugh...last nite while I was talking with my mom, it was giving me some sort of vibrate alert.  When I hung up, my phone had "disabled" itself, thinking I was trying to make some sort of emergency call, or something like that.  Yikes!  So that pretty much told me that my ancient phone compared to today's standards was really and truly was getting ready to die on me at some unexpected point, and then I would be without a phone at a really inconvenient time.  So I did the deed....remember when we thought $50 was too much for a cordless landline phone?  

Politics...what can I say?  I hate it.  But I can't help but pay attention to the debates because it's so important.  What I really hate is the one sidedness that people tend to believe.  The media hasn't been too helpful either with their misleading headlines which I feel like people just read the catching title and not the whole story.  And don't get me started on the mud-slinging blame game finger pointing antics.  Why stoop so low?  How does that earn my vote?  Jesus...how did we become so ugly?  

I will say the good thing about the last couple of weeks is that the weather is getting cooler and things are slowing down a bit.  I've spent some more time in the kitchen, cooking up some soups and busting out the crockpot.  Ahh...therapy...it's been rather lovely for me.  It's a comforting kind of thing for me and I've embraced it as much as I can.  I have a slew of recipes to tackle this season and a few favorites as well.  Good thing my neighbor likes leftovers.  I certainly can't eat it all by myself.  Until next time....elizinashe
Happy Fall Ya'll !

No comments: