Monday, October 24, 2016

Life, Death and Singlehood...

Nothing Gold Can Stay~ Robert Frost
One of my mother's friend's is sick.  She has been officially diagnosed with Uterine Cancer.  And it looks like it has begun to spread a bit.  She is scheduled for surgery soon, and then the radiation and chemotherapy will come into play at some point.  My mother is devastated.  However, my mother's friend has a really good attitude about the whole thing.  At least for now.  

Working on a Geriatric Unit really does make you think.  I've had patients who are coming to the end of their life, their families and spouses struggle with what to do next and sometimes they want to hang on to that family member a bit too long.  It certainly has given me some " insider knowledge" as to how I would want to handle my own parents wishes when the time comes.  And I hope it's not too soon.  That is a task that would prove to be challenging and heartbreaking. I don't want to be the one who is in charge of all that mess, but there's not much I can do about that.  Life comes to an end at some point.  I just hope it's peaceful. 

"Fried Green Tomatoes" was on the t.v. tonight.  I've watched that movie a million times and I never get tired of it.  Such a great story.  I hope that if I am ever in some nursing home, that I will have some random person who takes an interest in my stories and experiences.  I don't want to be alone when I get old.  I find it a bit frightening...being alone...it's not a way I want to live.  And since I don't have children of my own, then who will be my voice when I can't make decisions for my own benefit?  Who's going to want my stuff?  Random things that run through my head from time to time.  Hopefully I won't have to think about that for a very long time.  

In the meantime, I will keep moving forward.  As I hope you do as well.  Life can be a funny thing sometimes.  I just hope it kind to us all.  Until next time...elizinashe
Peace & Love Ya'll

1 comment:

Alex junior said...

this is so nice blog . i am so happy for visit here .