Thursday, September 29, 2016

It Ain't No Full Moon

Wish I Could Escape Into This Scene..
I'm a bit restless tonight.  The weather has turned a bit cooler this evening with more chilly weather on it's way at night.  Fall is coming...perhaps it's the changing of the weather itself that has made me a bit unsettled.

I had another peep from my past give me a shout Monday night, as I have previously posted.   She was in town just for a couple of days, making a pit stop here before she headed up to the DC area for work.  We hit the town the following night, catching up with drinks and a big pile of sushi.  We ended our night catching some live music at a local jazz club.  Geeze...I haven't done that in years.  Sure did feel good.  I think this makes the 5th person from my previous days that has re-entered into my life.  Wonder what's up with that?

Our country continues to become so violent.  We had a shooting at an elementary school today in a neighboring state.  It appears that the shooter's father is also a victim.  And sadly, that father is dead.  Apparently the shooter is some 14 year old kid.  WTF?  I just don't get it.  Has it always been this way and we are just now more aware of it because of the media?  And there have been multiple shootings by the police all across our country.  Are they getting trigger happy because of all this violence and shoot impulsively out of fear?  When will it all stop?

I'm the surviving child between my parents.  My brother died unexpectedly when he was twenty years old.  And so that left me.  As my parents age, things begin to change.  And you begin to worry more and think about what may come to pass.  The bigger challenge for me is that my dad still lives in Arkansas-nine hundred some odd miles away.  Give or take.  My mother lives in a neighboring county which is about 45 minutes to an hour from me.  Regardless, they are aging and in relatively good health, but I know they really don't tell me everything that goes on in their world, so that they "won't be a burden".  Ugh...It's more of a burden if I am left in the dark vs. keeping me informed.  I just hope I am prepared to make those decisions when they come.  Having a parent close by is a little less stressful.  Having a parent far, far away is troublesome.  And I am in no way have the ways and means to find them cheaper housing closer to me. Nor would it be a good idea to have any one of them move in with me.  I pray that I will be guided to make the right choice and have the courage to remain strong.  Sigh...I am not looking forward to this at all.  Especially by myself.

Anyway..I guess that's just a few things running around in my head.  Normal adult life stuff, eh?  Until next time...elizinashe
Channeling Happy Days Ahead