Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Troubled Mind

Feeling a Bit Sad...
Last week was horrible. Both work and home wise.   I had picked up an extra shift on Saturday, going into work feeling tired, drained and disheartened.  My previous shifts at work were horrible.  Just horrible.  And all the violence and hatred that has permeated our country makes my heart hurt.  I don't understand it.  How did we get this way?  How did this kind of behavior become acceptable? 

Regardless, my Saturday night was quite peaceful.  It was a welcome change.  If it had been different in that negative way, I don't think I would have survived without a good cry.  And quite possibly a talk with my Supervisor. 

My past two days have been spent in self-recovery.  I needed to hermit a bit, and just do some basics like dishes and laundry.  Exciting stuff, eh?  I have yet to cook and meal plan for the week as I go back for another stretch of days very soon.  My plans are to tackle that the next two days like a madwoman.  But there are hiccups to address. 

One bonus is that a girlfriend of mine is in town for a couple of days and our plan is to get together for dinner tomorrow night.  Her call was a welcomed surprise as we haven't seen each other in about three years.  She typically comes into town on business and then leaves for her next gig.  It will be great to catch up again, share some hugs and drinks.  It will certainly uplift me. 

One the downside, my cat Hecubus is acting not so well.  And that is so very frustrating.  I see another trip to the vet very, very soon.  As long as I can schedule that around my friend and the Terminex guy that is slated to arrive on Wednesday I'll be fine.   Ugh...He's not in any pain and his behavior is pretty norm, but there are indicators that he's got some kidney issues going on.  Jesus....it's becoming way too frequent and becoming costly.  This is when it would be nice to have an extra person in my life to help me along with all the little things.  Just keeping up with house stuff, cat stuff, shopping stuff and all of those adult commitments is making me feel overwhelmed.  I pray that the next two days will go along swimmingly as my brain is already overloaded with worry, anxiety and hope all at the same time. 

In the meantime, I'm trying to keep the faith that all will work out well.  And whatever may come, I pray that I will have the strength to see things through.  I have a lot I want to accomplish before I return to work but my time management skills are not so great.  Especially when I am still up late at nite in my off time.....I just can't help it sometimes.  I hope and pray that our country will be on the fast track to healing and acceptance.  I feel so disgusted when I hear what comes out of our own citizens mouths.  I thinks it's sad that so many minds have been poisoned and brainwashed all because they believe whatever they read, or what someone says.  I hate that so many people have succumbed to fear and inaccuracies.  And they reinforce those beliefs and pass it on to whoever will listen.  I've never seen such hate in mass quantities.  I just don't get it.   I think we all need to take a moment to pray, meditate or just be still to quite the mind.  And maybe then, we can all think more clearly.  Until next time...elizinashe


Healing Thoughts to My Kitty!

No comments: