Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Friends & Peeps From the Past

Time Sure Does Fly, eh? 
People come and go throughout our lives.  Some stay for a brief moment, others stay forever.  Some of those people are just temporary helping you along your way or perhaps they are just a coworker until you part ways.  Others are meant to cross into your life be there for reasons one cannot explain. 

I am lucky to have such wonderful people in my life.  And I know for certain there are a very select few who have come into my life because it was "meant to be".  And I keep those people close to my heart.  

I have also had wonderful times with those "temporary people" that I have worked with, had brief friendships with or maybe they were just around for a short time only to part ways later.   And that was okay too. 

One of my peeps from my past looked me up the other day.  He had lived here in Asheville over ten years ago and then moved back to Arkansas where he grew up.  We lost contact with each other before he moved, can't really remember why, and then the years past by quickly.  I never really forgot about him, but I certainly didn't expect to see or hear from him again.  However, out of the blue, as they say, he reaches out to me as he was in town for a few hours the other night and wanted to catch up real quick.  Wow...that was certainly a surprise but a welcomed surprise for sure.  Hopefully we won't wait another ten plus years for our next visit. 

My former boss found me on Facebook.  Wow..again, a surprise.  I was a bit hesitant to "accept" his friend request, but I did as I have fond memories of working in that bar.  He wasn't a total dickhead, although he had his moments.  He most definitely had some hard times after he lost his business and made some stupid choices but given the whole picture of all that had happened, I can't imagine how he survived.  I've thought about him from time to time...hoping he was happy and well.  I guess I will find out now that we are officially "friends" on Facebook.  

Speaking of the bar, I have also run into two of my former bar guests.  My how time flies..it was good to see them both and it certainly reminds me of how much my life has changed the last ten years or so.  Wow...not only has my life really changed the last ten years ago, but my previous post regarding where I was twenty years ago really makes me think of all the things that have happened in my life thus far.  I've had quite a journey! 

Yes, people come and go like the tides of the sea.  Sometimes it's a really great ride of a wave that leaves after the storm.  And sometimes it remains steady and constant never leaving your side.  (How do you like that analogy?  haha)  Until next time...elizinashe
Daisies = Love & Affection

No comments: