Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Make America Heal Again

Love Thy Neighbor...
This past week has just been horrible.  Flat out horrible.  The Election results were quite shocking to say the least.  And for many devastating.  Maybe the system is rigged after all.  

I can't think of any Election that produced so many protests after the results came in.  Seriously...people all across our country took to the streets marching in solidarity against Trump being our newly elected President. Shouts of "Not my President" became a common chant.  Now that really says something to me.  There were a lot of people who were upset when Obama was elected, but I don't recall people coming out in masses in protest because he was the elected leader of our country.  Wonder what Washington thinks about that.  And those who did support Trump...wonder if they have put any thought into what may come to pass.  

This whole year has been pretty horrible if you think about it.  I have never seen so much hate and violence across our Nation~ I just don't get it.  You really can't place blame on one single person or candidate.  That's just not fair.  Americans are angry and disgruntled.  I get that.  But I do believe that the media, reality television and narrow minded politicians helped fuel that fire which did nothing but create and promote more hate and violence.  It just makes my heart very, very sad...clearly we haven't moved very far from the Civil Rights Movement.  Or so it seems.  

There is so much more I want to say...but it's all just too much.  Our mountains are on fire and there is not any rain in the foreseeable future.  We have a dear friend who is very sick and one of my co-workers unexpectedly lost his son Saturday morning while he was on his way to work.   I just can't take much more ya'll.  

What I can do is support causes that promote love and acceptance.  What I can do is pray for healing and strength.  What I can do is be a good role model for others.  What I can't do is tolerate continued hate and violence that has infected the minds of our citizens. I want to move forward, not backward.  

America is already great.  What we need to is Heal our country.  I think we can all agree on that one.  Until next time...elizinashe
Peace and Love Ya'll !

No comments: