Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Post Holiday Cheers

Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas ya'll !  Two days late that is....

I must say I was quite blessed with the little things this year, which always makes me happy.  I received a couple of unexpected treasures from my neighbors, one of which included the most delicious ginger cookies I've ever had.  Mmm...

I wish I could say that my nights prior to Christmas was just as delightful but alas they were quite the opposite.  In fact, they were quite distressing.  I wish I could just block some of the aftermath out of my head, as it has been bothering me but I guess that's a part of the process.  I'm just glad that I have an awesome work family.  

Maybe all the little surprises and treasures prior to Christmas was to remind me of all the wonderful little things that come into my life and that I should focus on that as opposed to the negative.  I'm still working on that part.

I will say my mother, being the crafty person that she is, found an awesome handmade vase that some local artist made.  And of course, she found it at one of her many thrift/consignment shops that she likes to haunt.  It's really groovy.  Now I want to paint the wall that sits behind it so it will really "pop out" while it sits on top of my cabinet.  Guess I have a new project ahead of me, eh?  
Isn't it Cool?

In the end, my Christmas day was quite peaceful.  I managed to stay in some normal "day time" clothes for about three hours and then it was time for the comfy oversized sweatshirt.  Which was what I should have put on in the first place.  Haha... After opening the said gifts, I had a nice plate of leftovers from my new favorite crock pot dish paired a most refreshing Pinot Grigio, cookies from my neighbor and a nice long nap with my kitty lying on top of me.  I guess you can't get any better than that.  

In the meantime, enjoy the little things and may the New Year bring you many blessings and happy adventures.  See next time....elizinashe 

Happy New Year!

No comments: