Monday, June 5, 2017

The Single NIghtshifter

Time for a Refresher
Ask any night shifter and they will tell you that their sleep cycle is always a bit screwy.  Even if they are one of those people who can "turn around" easily, it's still gonna mess with you a bit.

I really don't mind working nights.  In fact, I almost prefer it.  It does wreak some havoc on my body and it certainly weighs on my mentality but the mental part would most likely be much worse if I was a day shifter.  Sometimes I miss working the daylight hours, but the mental baggage and stress would be about the same if not worse.  Plus, there is always more drama in the daytime.  Always.  I don't do drama.  I don't have time for that shit. 

But...being up late at night in your off time has it's perks and the opposite.  Lately I feel like I'm going through the opposite.  It gives me too much time to think and wallow...I know it's just a phase but man...its getting sucky.  Would I be happier working in the daytime like most people?  Probably not.  I've been there and done that and had similar struggles that filled up my little head.  The trick is not to allow all that baggage swimming upstairs make a home and unpack it's load for a long stay.  I refuse to let my current worries and fears plant roots.

I guess what I've been struggling with the most during this phase of mine is the singlehood part of it all.  I'm rather proud of the fact that I've been independent enough to make my own way without having to rely on anyone else to help keep a roof over my head or put food on the table.  But it sure would be nice to have someone around to help with the emotional stuff.  Sometimes it can be pretty hard and scary.  Too much thinking can drive you crazy.  And I'm pretty good at the "over thinking" stuff.  One of my charms I suppose.  😉  But as we all know, this too shall pass.  I just need to move through it. 

I still have lots of conquering to do and fun plans in the very near future.  Gotta get my game back on and send this mental stress out the front door.   Sunny days are ahead!  Until next time...elizinashe.
Open the Door and Let It All Out!

No comments: