Saturday, August 11, 2018

Daydreaming, Big Ideas & Reality

Loved This One!
Ah...daydreaming. I am pretty certain we've all been guilty of it, especially while in school.  Makes me think of that Warner Brother's cartoon where that pudgy boy, Ralph Phillips, gets lost in his own imagination while his teacher is speaking to the class and getting lost in his head, dreaming up that he is some fighter pilot, explorer or McArthur.  Remember that one?

I like my daydreams.  I guess I've always been a bit of a dreamy person, but my imagination sure can be a wild ride.  Reality always has its way of bringing me back down to Earth but it sure is fun to escape inside my head and live out a different life, reinvent myself or chase a very wild dream.  That kind of thinking sure does make me feel happy for a bit.

Big Ideas?  Yeah, I've got those too.  Are they like Daydreaming?  Maybe, but I see them as more attainable.  More real.  However, my Big Ideas tend to be a bit over-the-top with a mix of anxiety and excitement and then those "Big Ideas" tend to deflate as I know myself better and I will never really follow through.  Plus, those Big Ideas tend to require much planning, organizing and patience which is not my forte.  At all.  But I like my Big Ideas too.  They are a lot of fun and typically involve many people to be a part of the game.  The more the merrier, eh?

And then comes Reality.  One of my faves.  Really.  But sometimes not really.  Reality is always a bitch.  It can be a good thing but it can also be a really fucked up thing.  Whenever I do get all excited with my head in the clouds whether it be Daydreaming or those Big Ideas, Reality comes into save the day, or perhaps ruin the day given the circumstances.  I appreciate my friend Reality.  I do.  As much fun as it is staying lost up in the clouds of my head, Reality is always there to keep me grounded so I don't float away too far and get lost.  And I really hate being lost.  It's not a very comfortable feeling. 

So here's to all the Daydreamer's, Big Ideas and our parent Reality.  I think all three play important parts in our busy little brains.  I hope they stick around in my world for many more years to come.  Don't you?  Until next time...elizinashe
Let Your Mind Escape

No comments: