Thursday, August 30, 2018

Yea Adulthood...

Pretty Little Things
Well August certainly has been a surprise.  I'm glad I had fun in July because this past month has hit me with unexpected adulthood trials  both good and bad.

I've had a series of car repairs which was quite frustrating.  What really pisses me off about all of that is that I had one more payment left on my credit card and I would have had a zero balance for the first time in years.  Zero.  Years.  But...no bueno.  😒.  I guess that's how it rolls these days.  It certainly is frustrating to have such high balances compared to the way I was raised, but then again car repairs didn't cost as much as they do today.  I blame technology. 

I had some planned house repairs knocked off my list.  One which has made me very happy and will pave the way for other household bucket list projects.  But life always has another surprise.  I have some creature, most likely a groundhog, making a home for himself underneath my house via the porch.  Ass.  I'm so pissed.  We have numerous animals in my neck of the woods, including bears but this fucker has decided to mooch off of me.  Or at least my dirt.  And the he's kicked quite a bit of dirt out too.  Busy little bugger.  Again, I am thankful to a neighbor who gave me the heads up otherwise I would not have known.  I've officially named him Fucker.  I find it quite appropriate.  That little project will cost me a pretty penny too.  One that I was not prepared for.  Sigh...life goes on.  Hopefully all will be back to normal within the week.  Plans for trap and relocate begin Friday.  Guess that's a good way to kick off the weekend.  Oh yeah, I have bagworms on my trees too.  Ain't that a dandy? 

On a positive note, I've met someone.  Shocking I know.  I certainly wasn't expecting this to happen nor was I really looking but I'm not complaining.  Funny thing is that we are both in a bit of shock as to how we crossed paths after going to the same watering hole for years.  Yet, we did not meet until recently.  Funny how things work out.  The founding layer of this new beginning was nothing but conversation.  I found myself really enjoying just talking with him and wanting to talk even more.  And then one night he planted a big, fat kiss on my mouth.  And I liked it.  I really can't go wrong with that.  This may be the first real adult relationship I've ever had.  Not sure what to do with all of that.  And surprisingly enough, I haven't been over thinking it a whole hell of a lot.  Oh my brain certainly has been a busy one, but it feel natural to just "let it go" and make plans to sit and talk like we've done on many occasions now.  Which I really love.  And oh...the kissing?  It's very good.  This just might become something so real that I really won't know what to do.  Maybe I'm not supposed to know. 

So yeah....adulthood.  Fun stuff.  If it becomes too much I'll just hide under my blanket fort and start coloring.  That's always a safe place to be is it not?  Until next time...elizinashe
Channeling the Fire Within

No comments: