Tuesday, September 11, 2018

A Quiet Gentle Night


Let It Wash Away...
It's late.  All is calm in the neighborhood tonight.  It has started to rain out my way.  A nice, gentle rain to soothe the soul.  No, it's not an opening to a horror flick but it could be, eh?  haha...Halloween is upon us after all. 

One of my favorite movies is on although it's almost over.  I guess you could call it a "chic flick" but the story is a good one.  A story that has three intertwining mini-stories that are connected with some impressive backdrops.  And a couple of very moving scenes that has always spoke volumes to the story.  Or at least to me.  If you're in the mood for a good one, check out "The English Patient."  I don't think you'll regret it.

Many changes in my world.  Mostly good and I'm still learning about all that.  Others...well it's just the normal swing of life.  And that part I'm still learning too.  Life is grand for sure but it never fails to surprise you, both good and bad.

It's been a bit of a prep day for me.  Groceries, gas and the what not.  I still have more to do, but I am thankful that tomorrow will be mostly chill at home, make some necessary calls and prep some crock pot magic for my dinner guest tomorrow.  Maybe I will even stop and take some time to play on the piano for myself, as I have ignored this giant monster that sits in the front room of my home.  My work does take priority and my off time I tend to focus on all those little, stupid adult things instead of making time for things that bring me joy.  I need to work on that.  The joy stuff that is. 

In the meantime, enjoy the coming change of the seasons.  I look forward to Fall and a slower pace as we all seem to be in such a hurry.  Life really is short.  I hope to live a long life and I don't want waste all my time on things that don't really matter.  Trust me, we all have responsibilities and commitments, just don't forget the little things.  Some things can wait.  Until next time...elizinashe.
A Good Nights Sleep

No comments: