Thursday, September 13, 2018

A Powerful Message

Oh So Pretty!
Many years ago, one of my best friends came to visit along with her son who was quite young at the time.  Not even seven year old if I remember correctly.  He was a very inquisitive and imaginative little thing, carrying a toy ninja sword and a head full of curly hair.  He was a cutie. 

So as we all peruse downtown, we walked into a shop full of giant geodes, amethysts, crystals and petrified bugs in amber.  One of those "natural rock" places where it's all sparkly, shiny and very, very delicate.  The type of shop where you really don't want to take children, especially the hyper ones if you know what I mean.  It was one of those "If you break it, you buy it" type of shops.  But we go in anyway.

Before we entered, my friend told her son to be very mindful of his space and not to touch and pick up anything, which is hard for any kid not to do in any kind of store.  Is it not?  And I must say, this child did so very well.  Oh that curious mind was inspecting all things shiny with intent and wonder.  Some of the pieces were just as tall as he was at the time.  He would get down on the floor and look at the whole thing.  Get really close and would touch them on occasion, but he never picked anything up, ran around in the store nor did he bust out his ninja sword to combat any imaginary monsters that might have lurked around.  Nope, he did very well and did as he was asked. 

On our way out, the store clerk approached the three of us and commented to my friend's son on how well he did in her sparkly shop.  She was impressed as to how well he kept it all together and told him so.  And on that note, she gave him a small crystal from a counter top basket as a reward and a thank you.  The delight on his face was priceless and the message that this shop owner sent to this little boy was more impactful than you could imagine.  I had tears in my own eyes. 

My friend's son said his "thank you" and then squealed with delight once we left the store.  What a treasure he was given.  In many aspects.  I am glad I was there to witness that moment. 

I wish more people would send such powerful and positive messages such as that lady did that day.  Gestures of love and gratitude doesn't always have to be grand.  It's always the little things.  Right?

I wish more people could be a witness to such kind gestures.  Our current state of affairs have become so horrible, or so it seems to me, that I sometimes think that people have forgotten how to be nice.  Or even kind.  I don't get that.  My hope is that there will be more people spreading more positive and powerful messages like this shop owner did that day.  I think we all could use a little crystal.  Don't you?  Until next time...elizinashe
Let's Make Them Soar!


No comments: