Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Friends & Neighbors

😊 Treats & Conversation 😊
You can't pick your family.  You're kind of stuck with them, good or bad.  I've got a pretty good family but there's is something to be said about your friends and neighbors.

I know lots of people.  I have lots of "friends".  But I have very few good friends.  And I mean really good friends.  And I keep those people very close to my heart.  I know those people totally "get me" with all my quirks, crazy ideas, insecurities and the bitchy side.  And I know they will still love me all the same.  I really cherish that. 

I live in a nice, quiet neighborhood.  I have good neighbors and one in particular that has helped me numerous times when I have needed a favor or assistance.  And he never expects anything in return.  Although he never complains when I bring him leftovers from my kitchen or a nice bottle of wine.  And boy do I owe him some wine!  I am so thankful that I have a good neighbor who is always more than willing to help me when I need it.  I am pretty blessed to have that.  And he's become a good friend in the process too.  I like that. 

I went out with a new friend the other night for drinks, treats and good conversation.  It was a refreshing change from the norm and he too was able to help me out on a small favor and was more than happy to do so.  How do ya like that?  It was a lovely night indeed and I look forward to having more of those nights with my new friend. 

So we headed into Downtown and stopped in a bar for a quick drink.  A bar that I had taken another friend I had met long ago which prompted the memory of how I met that friend.  And it's a good story indeed.  This friend I am speaking of now has been in my circle for nearly 10 years now.  Stepping into that bar brought back a lot of memories, trials, tribulations and the long journey I have taken since moving from Arkansas to Asheville.  My what a long strange trip it's been.  I look forward to continuing this journey with all my friends old and new.  I hope to add more special friends as I grow into this life of mine.  It's been pretty good thus far...I'm not ready to stop just yet.  My heart always has room for more people to explore and love.  I really can't complain about that.  Until next time...elizinashe
💗 I Dig This Barn 💗

No comments: