Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Bohemian What?

⚡ Rami Channeling Freddie ⚡
So like many others, I saw the movie "Bohemian Rhapsody".  And yes, it's good.  Really good.  And the guy that plays Freddie ~ Rami Malek ~ was spot on if I must say.

No, I won't give you a whole "run down" of the movie.  Although, the record label was super resistant to releasing the epic "Bohemian Rhapsody" because it was "too long".  However, Freddie being Freddie, found a way to get it out to the airwaves and the fans went nuts for it.  As well as myself back in the day.

I've always loved their songs when I heard them growing up.  And Freddie's voice was hard to forget.  Truly, they were an epic band.  I was bummed all over again after the movie ended because I was reminded that Freddie left this Earth so long ago.  I was sad back in the day when the news came out in the first place.  And today...it still sucks a bit.

My favorite memory of Queen is when I would sneak into my brother's room when he was away with his friends or at school and I would slip Queen's Greatest Hits on cassette, yes...cassette, into his stereo and put on his giant black earphones and lay on the floor, listening to each and every song, every lyric, every note and sing along inside my head and lose myself for an hour or two.  Sometimes I'd listen to it a second time because it was that good.

I somehow inherently knew each song, the lyrics and which song would come next after the last one played.  I remember getting lost in the story of Bohemian Rhapsody and imagining the characters Freddie created in his song, letting my imagination soar with wonder.  There was something about it that I found enthralling.  I think that was one of the very first songs that really impacted me both musically and lyrically as a young kid.  It really caught my attention and still does to this day.

I have no idea if my brother ever knew I would sneak into his room to use his stereo and listen to his Queen album.  If he did, he never said anything about it nor do I have any memory of him telling me to leave his stereo alone.  Other things in his room?  Oh yeah...we had those "Stay out of my room!"  moments.  We were siblings after all.

Long gone is the massive stereo and giant black headphones.  Modern technology has come a long way.  Oh, I can get some modern day headphones alright.  Wireless.  With Queen downloaded on my iTunes.  But there's a part of me that wants the old school way.  There's just something much more special about it regardless of who you are listening too.  Don't ya think?  Until next time...elizinashe
✨ Thanks for the Music Freddie!  ✨

No comments: