Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Tick Tock...

💞 Time Flies!  Make It Count! 💞
And so the countdown begins...

Thanksgiving approaches quickly.  People gearing up for the holiday travel, grocery stores in a mad push to keep the shelves fully stocked for the Thanksgiving feast and commercial stores taping off the checkout aisles for the Black Friday shoppers preying upon those "door buster" deals.  Are you ready?

I'm sure I've been guilty of hitting the Mall in my teenage years on the day after Thanksgiving, mostly likely due to boredom and a need to get away from the family.  I know one year I worked at the Mall so I was required to show up.  Luckily, that was way before the days of opening up at 5AM.  And Thank God for that.  I've never been a morning person to begin with, but sheesh...5AM?  Really?  I'll stay in bed thank you very much. 

As the years have gone by, my Thanksgiving and even Christmas gatherings have been a bit different.  I suppose if I were married and had kids, I'd follow the traditional route, but Life had a different plan for me, and that's okay.  Sometimes the family stuff just gets to be too much.  I like to keep it simple.  But I do miss the days of when it was less emotional and less stressful.  Sometimes I wish I could have the old days back. 

I really hope people take the time to reflect on what's really important this time.  I know my opinion really won't make an impact, but I have never seen the benefit of leaving the dinner table and your family, just so you can go and camp out at some store so you can be one of the very first in line and stampede through the doors of some store with the intention of filling up your cart with all the "door buster" deals that your bank account can handle.  I think it's sad.  What kind of message does that send to our children?  But again, my perspective on the matter will not change anyone's mind.  To each his own. 

As for myself, I will be working.  Hospitals don't close.  My holiday celebrations will be delayed and that's totally okay with me.  I'd rather relax and detox when it's less rushed and less stressed.  Again, I like to keep it simple.  It's so much easier that way. 

As for you my readers, I hope your Thanksgiving holiday plate is filled with love and laughter.  And good food too.  Please do take the time to enjoy every morsel of time with your friends and family.  You won't find that kind of gift at any door buster deal.  Until next time...elizinashe
😋 This Looks Tasty! 😋

No comments: