Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Another Rainy Night

Putting My Faith Out There
The rains have returned.  Ugh.  My tiny yard again will have to wait to get a spruce up for the season.  I am hopeful that it will get done in the next month.  I'm giving myself at least that much time in between work and other commitments. 

The work stuff continues to be surprising.  I get pretty fired up about it sometimes.  I'm want a revolt.  But I can't afford to lose my job.  None of us can.  But I think there are many of us on our unit that are at their breaking point and things are going to get ugly.  And I know it's not just our unit.  It's pretty much across the hospital.  And it wouldn't surprise me if our nurses throughout the hospital start protesting and making some noise on the streets in front of our employer and calling our local TV station.  And I really, really hope that happens.  I'm ready to make my voice heard.  Again.  It's time. 

I think I've got my dad stuff hammered out.  It's way cheaper for him to rent a car and drive out at this point.  But I know there will come a day that he, or myself, will need to fly.  I hope we have more time before that has to happen.  I have a few ideas in my head to keep him entertained and well fed.  A few "daddy do" projects and dinner with friends should be just fine.  He's not much of a "check out some art" or take a brewery tour kind of guy, which makes it a bit difficult for my area as there is so much like that to do around here.  It's just not one of those things that tweaks his interest.  And that's okay.  I'm just thankful that I have good friends who are willing to join us for a dinner to two for the social interaction. 

I'm at the point that I'm ready to get a maid.  At least for a good "one time" clean because between work and all the other shit...I'm just over it.  It stresses me out way too much.  And ignoring those duties doesn't help.  My home is not a nasty mess or anything, just unorganized and a few simple messes.  Primarily the floors and bathrooms to which I loathe to do, so why not hire someone to do just that so I don't feel like a complete slob?  I think I need to make that happen.  If it gives me a peace of mind then it's worth it don't ya think? 

I'm just trying to do my best.  It's pretty much a few days at a time.  And that's enough for me.  Until next time...elizinashe
Just a Reminder

No comments: