Sunday, August 11, 2019

You Would Think...

Night Owl Sights
Welp...I'm awake...

I was up late last night, did not go to be until the wee hours but that's pretty normal for that first "turn around day".  Tonight, or earlier on Saturday night, as it's after midnight and officially Sunday, I went out to dinner with some friends, had some drinks, went to a comedy show, topped off the festivities with some desert and a glass of wine.  It was a lovely time. 

I got home, began to feel sleepy and thought for sure, I'd be in bed before 2AM, which I did, but I have yet to fall asleep.  My mind keeps wandering.  And my belly is really full.  Perhaps too full.  Maybe that's why I can't sleep.  And I feel fat.  To which, I am gaining weight and that bothers me too.  Doesn't make me any less of a person, or less attractive, but it bothers me nonetheless. 

I am thankful for my friends and fun nights out, but it sure does suck sometimes being the only single person in the group.  Maybe that's a good thing anyway, I don't know.  At least it's not a issue that any of us focus on.  Maybe I'm not meant to be in a relationship.  I really don't count on it much these days anyway.

I have much to tackle in the next few days and not much motivation to get it all started.  I've been in a "responsible adult" rut lately and getting back into the groove of things makes me feel frustrated.  And I hate it when I get in these kinds of moods.  I just need to start on one thing and go from there.  I hope I find that motivation otherwise I will keep procrastinating and then it will be that much worse.  Ugh..where is my magic wand?

Hopefully by writing it all out will shove all the bugs in my head that's keeping me awake and annoyed.  Tomorrow is another day...I'm hoping for a new leaf.  The seasons will change soon enough.  Maybe then I will find a new mojo.  Until next time...elizinashe
Ready for a New Beginning

No comments: