Monday, July 29, 2019

Guess What...

A Late Night Hoot
It's 3AM and I'm wide awake.  Shocker I know.

I sometimes feel guilty for being up so late in my off time from work.  My downfall is that I usually fall asleep for a little while after I eat dinner, which includes a beer or wine so that adds to a sleepiness factor.  I know that.  But then...I'm up for the rest of the night.  Now I typically don't sleep for too long post meal but it still disrupts my rhythm.  I wonder how many other night shifters struggle with this issue.  Surely I'm not the only one. 

I don't mind it too terribly much.  I don't schedule appointments or activities early in the day, even when I did work daytime hours, I don't have kids so I don't need to rush them back and forth to school and I'm single so there's no worry about keeping my other half awake. 

But the late night hours can get lonely.  Sometimes it gives your mind too much time to spin and recycle crap that does not need to keep a home in your head.  I've been struggling with that too.  Hell, even the daytime hours can be spent recycling that crap in your head which does nothing for the betterment of my mood.  I hate that part.

On the flip side, stepping out on the deck in the wee hours of the night can be rather cleansing.  I've seen some wild creatures take a quick stroll through the neighborhood, done a lot of star gazing, witnessed a satellite burnout in the night sky, embraced the changes of the on-coming seasons and made lots of wishes on shooting stars while the majority of folks are slumbering away.  Guess that's not too bad now is it? 

Now if I could only use my late night hours to clean out some closets then that would be a good thing.  But alas....I procrastinate.  I like my wee hours to be relaxing.  Don't you?  Until next time...elizinashe
Sweet Dreams !

No comments: