Monday, July 1, 2019

It's So Hard...

Love It or Hate It ?
Social media...it's a love/hate relationship is it not?

I'm guilty of it myself.  What I find most difficult is to keep my mouth shut when I see blatant bullshit.  Crap that is completely misleading, false or hateful.  Especially with the political stuff.  Every now and then, I have to make a comment or leave a factual statement along with the factual link of proof so I can prove my point.  Does that make me egotistical?  I think not.  I just hate a liar.  More importantly, I hate fake shit that people automatically believe just because it's there.  Nobody check their facts anymore.  If it's on social media then it must be true. 

What really bothers me is that no matter what you say, or what link you share, no matter what point you are trying to say, those opposed just aren't open to a discussion.  What the fuck?  Whatever happened to acting like an adult?  And just because you see some "meme" from some person that you do not know you believe it to be true because it supports your beliefs?  Did you check the fact on that?  No?  Then why are you sharing that meme?  You don't know the person who created that meme?  Then why are you sharing it? 

Unless it brings a positive message then don't share it.  Unless you can back it up. 

It's so hard.  I get so mad sometimes.  And when I do respond which is very occasionally, people get their panties in a wad, begin to argue and not even acknowledge the facts I attempt to present.  People get angry, mean and attempt to prove their point which I understand but again....they do not want to have an open conversation about it.  It's their way and their way only.  My God...how did we ever get this way? 

Taking deep breaths over this.  As I am trying to "let go" of an "argument" with some chic that I barely know.  And because she's "been in politics for 20 years" that make her an expert.  This chic does not accept anything or any factual link I have shared.  God I hope she doesn't want to run for office.  It all just makes me sick.

I wonder if other countries have so much political drama.  Well..some we know.  But others?  What's it like in Switzerland?  I've always heard they stay neutral in all things.  The Netherlands are lovely I hear.  Except maybe for Winter.  Did you know that Iceland has equal maternity leave for both men and women?  Yeah...the fathers are allowed equal leave for the baby as it is deemed vital for both the baby, the parents and the work ethic.  Yep...check it out.  Amazing. 

Why can't we all get along?  And for Christ's sake...stop arguing over stupid shit and let's have a real adult discussion for once.  Have we really become that hateful?  God I hope not.  Until next time...elizinashe
I'm Tired of Feeling Like This

1 comment:

Ton y V said...

I agree with the difficulty in avoiding conflict on social media, the deplorables make it hard. I like to believe it's just a way to keep up with old friends, and mostly, an online photo diary that my adventures will live forever on. But when the blatant bs you mention is so in my face I just have to fight...too much is at stake these days.