Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Friends

Friends & Memories
You know how there is that Facebook memory thing?  You know, the thing or things, that you posted a year ago on that particular day.  An anniversary if ya will from the year or years prior.

Well, apparently I posted a quip back in 2009 saying that "met an old friend for the first time today".  And that's it.  Now I have no idea who that friend could have been, but I still like the quote regardless.  Sometimes you meet people for the first time and you immediately know that they are a part of your tribe.  We've all experienced it, right?  There is just something about that person and you know that by some force of nature, the universe lined things up and paths crossed.  I like those moments. 

I've been channel surfing mindlessly as I am awake and bored.  "When Harry Met Sally" is on the tube.  I've seen it a dozen times but I really don't mind watching it again.  You have to admit, it's a good story.  And it's about friendship and love.  You really can't go wrong with that now can you?  It gives me hope that real love and friendship still exists in this day and time.  I may not be overly girly, but there is a bit of a romantic secretly hiding inside.  I just don't do the mushy stuff.  Bleh.  Sorry guys...

I would not be anywhere without my friends.  Seriously.  I'm pretty independent and sometimes stubborn.  Maybe a lot stubborn but I have my insecurities and anxieties for sure.  I do not deny that at all.  But I am so damn thankful for my friends who get that part of me and love that part of me.  I'm told that I'm pretty funny too.  haha...but regardless, my friends are so important to me.  I know I would have a very difficult time navigating this thing called Life if I did not have my peeps.  I hope that I will once again will say "met an old friend for the first time today" many more times in my life.  Because those moments are so very valuable don't ya think?  Until next time...elizinashe
Weird is Good

No comments: