Monday, October 28, 2019

Dream a Little Dream

💫 Dream Big ! 💫
Do you remember your dreams?  Do you dream in color?  Do you have reoccurring dreams?

We dream every night.  Or at least in every sleep.  Sometimes that means a nap.  We might not always remember those dreams, but our brains remain active still.  Just on a different level.

I typically have the most active dreams right before I wake up.  And then I'm often left confused and/or amused.  Sometimes frustrated.  And always trying to analyze.  Sometimes I figure it out.  Others it just makes me laugh because it's so ridiculous.

I fell asleep after I ate dinner earlier this evening.  I often fall asleep to the news or a re-run of Big Bang Theory.  Then I slowly come out of my brief slumber.  And shake off the grogginess.

Tonight, I had some unusual post-dinner nap dreams.  One which related to my struggle with having a kitchen light that is currently burnt out.  My ceilings are really tall, and the light fixture itself is quite tricky, so I've been hesitant to change it alone since it requires using a very tall ladder.  I don't want to climb the damn thing without another person to spot me if you know what I mean.

The other parts of my dream?  Well...I guess you could say I had "a visitor" who is no longer on this planet pop up in my head.  Maybe there's a bit of guilt associated with this episode, maybe just missing the loss and wanted one more visit to give my love.  Maybe he misses me too.  I still miss my kitty.  Does that make me weird?

The other thing?  Because typically my dreams have three themes.  Well...I blame falling asleep to the Big Bang.  A fun show with nerdy guys.  No, it wasn't "one of those dreams", but in my hardened heart or perhaps, not so hardened, I do miss having a guy.  Maybe I'm missing something and I just don't see it.  I'm not looking for Mr Perfect and I do like the quirky kind of people, but maybe, just maybe, there will be someone for me after all.  Maybe I'm just really sad about not having a person in my life and not really honoring that feeling.  But I think I honor that loss fairly well anyway.   Again, I blame the TV show.  Maybe it was the wine.  haha...

Dreams are powerful.  Sometimes they are all telling, sometimes predictory.  Sometimes it's just your mind's way of clearing out the search history of your brain so you can load up with other dreams that are much more worthwhile.  And hopefully happy ones.  Until next time...elizinashe
😴 Sweet Dreams 😴



No comments: