Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Here We Go !

Getting My Crafty On !
So how's the self quarantine going?  Eating more?  Drinking?  Getting too high perhaps?  Face Time?  Learning about this thing called Zoom?

I am considered an "essential worker".  Duh...I'm a nurse.  Our COVID cases are rising in my county, and surrounding counties as well.  We've already had our first death related to the Corona virus.  I expect more to come.  Some say that we are two weeks behind NYC.  We have yet to peak.  I know that to be true.  Sigh...it's frightening for sure.

In my short time off from working the weekend, I have made one trip to the grocery store.  I was lucky to find what I needed.  And then what I didn't need aka ice cream.  haha...Might as well, right? 

So far I've been lucky I guess.  My patients have been healthy so far.  Visitors have been restricted.  With very few exceptions.  Rumor has it that we will now be screened for a fever before walking into the building.  That should have happened two weeks ago.  And that we are now required to wear masks.  And that should have happened two weeks ago as well.  And nope...no N95s.  There's just not enough to go around. 

Today hasn't been too bad.  I did some crafty things, posted some pictures, made a nice dinner and knocked out some laundry since I return to work tomorrow.  I must say today has been a lot better than my previous time away from work.  Way too much time to think about all that's going on and allowing my fears to plant roots in my head.  Not today Satan.  I just can't continue to live that way. 

So in the meantime, look for the little things.  Limit your news time.  Limit the social media paranoia.  Limit your distance.  Play some music, do some writing, start something creative.  Sit outside, maybe a nice drive in the country.  Break away from the walls of our stressful minds.  It's been an overload lately and I've had my fill.  This is far from over but I am learning ways to cope in more distracting ways that are more beneficial than the alternative.  Except the wine...can you blame me?  Keep the Faith guys.  And as always, be safe.  Until next time...elizinashe. 
Take Time for Yourself !

No comments: