Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Tomorrow Is Another Day

Question Is...When Do I Begin ?
Ah...Procrastination....I know who you are.  All too well.

How much do you procrastinate?  Or do you knock out your "to do" list every week?  Every day?  Always?  Or are you the last minute crunch kind of guy, running on adrenaline?  Like the rush do you?

I know I've written about this before.  Perhaps quite a few times.  It's a thing that haunts me.  Along with other things.  But alas...I procrastinate.  And then when I need to get things done it stresses me out because I waited too long.  I wish I were better at planning ahead.  Have no fear folks, I'm not in a complete bind.  Just fallen behind on the responsible duties which never ends.  But still...I'm a bit stressed. 

I read some time ago that the reason we procrastinate is because the task at hand is not a pleasant one.  A task or responsibilities that don't bring us satisfaction.  Or pleasure.  We procrastinate because it's associated with something negative, perhaps painful.  Or stressful.  PTSD maybe?  I'm not sure...but I know in my case I procrastinate because...well...for many reasons.  I guess it depends on the task.  Like cleaning.  Especially the bathroom.  Yuk.  Kitchen table?  It's a mess.  Car repairs?  I need a ride.  And if I have to leave my car for a day or two for the said repairs....then I'm screwed.  I need my wheels.  Work always returns.  That box I've been meaning to ship for the last three months?  Sigh...at least it's not time sensitive. 

So do you procrastinate?  How often?  And what do you procrastinate about?  What's your excuse?  Curious minds want to know...until next time...elizinashe.
Yep. 

No comments: