Monday, January 28, 2008

Should I or Shouldn't I?


Ah, the big debate...no I'm not talking about politics. I'm talking about what all girls do when we find something that we really, really want but is a little more than we want to spend on a treasure find. I found this really cool cabinet at Target, one of my favorite places (and proud of it) but it's just a little more than I want to spend on a piece of furniture being that my income is smaller than it has been. Yet, this particular cabinet would be of great benefit for my home and what I want to use it for. I tell myself that if I wait long enough that it might go on sale but however I run the risk of having someone else pick up my treasure in the process. I have found it on-line as well which Target boasts an extra 15 % off of the price plus free shipping. Sooo, do I wait to see if the one cabinet that's in stock at my local store goes on sale, or do I order it on-line for the extra discount and free shipping or should I scavage the second-hand stores, which I really don't have alot of time for, looking for something similar that might be cheaper or do I just wait for something better to come along?? This cabinet truly would be good for me and has been something that I have been looking for for quite some time. My problem is that the price tag is just a little more than I want to spend for a piece of furniture. So what do I do?? I really should be focused on my Anatomy and Physiology class right now but I just can't get this cabinet out of my head...and I feel like if I do go ahead and buy the damn thing then I will end up with an unexpected vehicle repair or a doctor's visit that my insurance won't pay for...isn't there a Murhpy's Law about stuff like this? Anyway, this is where having girlfriends come into play. Perhaps I should burn up the phone lines with Ma Bell and get that incouraging advice. Any input from my readers will be gladly accepted...time is ticking away and I really want my treasure, I'm just having a hard time coughing up the money. Oh yeah, I still have $50 on a gift card from the holidays which I had planned on using for work clothes and school stuff. So who should win this one? The Id or the Superego...?? elizinashe

3 comments:

Lee said...

I say go for it...but that's me being impulsive.
Lee

Bernie said...

I just saw this and I'm sure you've decided by now, but for another opinion from a reader: go for it! I shop at Target too but I don't usually expect something that nice to be there.

elizinashe said...

Thanks ya'll!! But now I've hit yet another dilemma. I have found a dog in our work newsletter for $100 to a good home and it's the type of breed that I have always wanted...she's already housebroken, spayed and good with other animals....now what do I do?
I'm really trying to tame my impulsive ways...eliz