Friday, May 10, 2013

Channeling the Wisdom

It's the final stretch ya'll.  I've completed the 'transition to practice' part of my semester and my final is on Monday morning.  I have struggled to review all the content that we have learned the past five months and re-absorb all the knowledge I previously had.  I feel like I have retained nothing although I know that is not entirely true.  At this point it's all just swimming around in my head in one big lump.  I'm officially done for the night.  And I know I am not alone.  My study group got together this afternoon however, we made very little progress. Guess we just needed to catch up and vent for a while.  There will be a re-attempt to congregate tomorrow.  I just hope that we are all more productive and that my neurons decide to communicate with each other so that I can pass this damn thing.  Luckily, I am not in a position to where I have to make a particular score in order to pass the class.  I just want to do well enough to keep my average.  I want to remain consistent in that aspect.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one.  

It's been a long and aggravating process and I will be so glad when it's finally over.  There is still a lot to cover before it's all official.  The bigger goal is passing the state boards.  I'm hoping I can stay focused enough after graduation to put much time and more effort in using my review book.  I have yet to update my resume.  I haven't even done one in over seven years now so I have no idea how to get another one started.  I have put the bug in my supervisor's ear about a position however there is not any openings right now.  Most other floors are particular about hiring new grads and you pretty much start on a night shift which is something I want to avoid.  I've been there and done that.  It's gets rather depressing after a while.  It's just not my cup of tea.  But I can do it if I really have no other choice.  I just keep sending up my prayers and throwing my requests out to the universe in hopes of being directed to where I am really supposed to be.  And that's about all I can do.  Other than sending out tons of resumes everywhere.  If I got a really sweet offer I would consider moving but I would most definitely need some time to pack and get organized.  These last two years have really taken a toll on my structure and routine.  I will be so glad when I can get back to a normal lifestyle.  But there is a part of me that thinks that will not happen in the way that I wish.  I think life has a totally different plan for me.  I just hope I can keep up with the pace. Guess I should send some more requests out to the universe, eh?  elizinashe




1 comment:

Bernie said...

You are an inspiration.

And you know the universe will answer you ... it always does.