Thursday, May 16, 2013

Done!

It's official.  Nursing School is over!  Our 'Pinning Ceremony' is tomorrow night.  The only thing I know about the ceremony is that we all will be wearing white uniforms and will be lighting candles as we recite some sort of Florence Nightingale prayer.  Sounds kinda creepy to me.  I wonder if there will be some sort of sacrifice afterwards.  I've already sacrificed my soul many moons ago.  My mental health went out the door years ago and I gave up lots of money during the whole nursing school process.  I doubt they would want my liver at this point and my brain is fried so that won't be any good.  Therefore, I'm expecting a young virgin boy in the ceremony for the bloodletting.  Hahahahaha......just kidding.  (sort of).  

So yes, this is a big deal.  I am so thankful that this crap is all over and now I can breathe a little bit easier these days.  Yes, I still have to take my state boards and prep for that mess but there is a part of me that's really relieved and not so stressed about it all.  I think my parents are way more excited than I am at this point.  However, tomorrow night might prove different and the waterworks just may overwhelm my logic and I will be one hot mess.  Good thing I always carry tissues in my purse.  

My house is a complete wreck.  I still have my winter sweaters to clean and pack up.  I have no idea what my vacuum cleaner looks like and I have boxes upon boxes of nursing school stuff scattered all around the floor.  Did I really learn all that stuff?  Sheesh!  At least my cat doesn't care.  

My dad has come into town to see the event and bring me treasures.  He came out two springs ago loaded with laundry detergent.   He's retired so he likes to 'bargain shop' and pick up stuff when it's on sale.  It's his way of helping me out and I gladly accept it.  Laundry soap ain't cheap and I do a lot of laundry.  When he was here last, he brought me like eight bottles of detergent.  This trip he has brought more.  Although I have used some of what he brought the last time, I am back up to owning ten jugs of Tide.  Woo Hoo!  It cracks me up.  If you peeked into my basement one might think I have a problem.  I can't wait to see the look on other people's faces when I move and they see how much soap I am harboring.  That will certainly give them something to talk about!  

So that's if folks!  It's done and it's time to move on and plan for a real vacation.  And that is a good thing.  

Cheers!  elizinashe


2 comments:

Linda V. said...

Congratulations! Best wishes for passing the boards.

elizinashe said...

thank you Linda! It's been a long, long journey. The long storm is passing and now it's time to pass those boards and find that rainbow! Thanks for reading!