Tuesday, November 4, 2014

This & That

I love a good soup.  Especially when the weather gets chilly.  Who doesn't, right?  Now that I have a new place with a real kitchen, I've been diving into some new recipes that I've had earmarked for quite some time.  I do find it rather therapeutic making a big mess in my giant soup pot and road testing something new.  A good bowl of soup with some warm crusty bread and a nice glass of wine it just the ticket these days.  

"Silence of the Lambs" had been playing on TV this past month.  Y'know...October...Halloween...all that creepy scary stuff.  And of course I watched it.  I forget how good Anthony Hopkins was in that role.  His diction and fluctuations with his speech was genius.  Not to mention the taunting and teasing he played upon Clarice.  However, as a result I am now a little bit scared to go down into my basement.  I'm afraid I might find a bunch of creepy larve and flying bugs down there.  To which I know won't be there, but still....I'd much rather run into Hannibal and offer him a nice glass of Chianti.  Hope I have some Fava beans in the cabinet. 

I feel like I'm becoming more and more obsessed with this Duggar family.  Maybe 'intrigued' might be a better description.  They've been all over the internet lately with two of their girls getting married, talking about their 'first kiss' and one newly pregnant already.  Ugh.  Come to find out, one of my coworkers is just as obsessed about them as I am becoming.  That kinda makes me feel a bit better.  I have someone else to discuss this with.  And she shares the same feelings about this strangely confined turned reality show personalities as I do.  Glad I'm not the only one.  

I told myself that I wouldn't post some big ol' long blog as I typically do.  I often think of quick one-liners or just a few sentences just to make a quick point, but once I get to the computer I just keep going and going and going....sorry.  I just can't help it.  However, I will end it here as I'm kinda hungry and I want a little snack.  Better check the fridge.  Maybe there's some leftover soup in there.  elizinashe

No comments: