Monday, December 22, 2014

Time to Stop...

Priorities.....
This past month sure has been one helluva ride.  And it's not over yet.  Sheesh.  I've worked too damn much this past month.  Never again....got to be more mindful of that in the future.  

The last couple of weeks, hell this past month, work has been really stressful.  My Friday last week was pretty stressful.  It was really hard not to get 'snippy' towards my patients and co-workers.  However, this past Thursday night was my worst shift ever.  Seriously.  I had tears in my eyes an hour and a half into my shift, just out of shear frustration but I didn't have the time to stop, walk away and cry just to get it all out.  My unit was way too busy and I had work to do and patients to monitor.  I hope I don't have another night like that for a very long time. 

I don't go back to work until Christmas night but I still have other normal busy stuff to do before I return to the trenches.  I hope that traffic will be kind, as my errands include driving from one end of town to another.  Damn holiday shoppers....

One of my girlfriends and her husband are coming into town in January.  On a weekend that I am already scheduled to work.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one of my coworkers will switch nights with me so I can spend some time with her.  I really need my girlfriend time, especially after this past month.  Maybe I should make a visit to Santa and give him that wish list so he can work some magic.  

On a more lovely note, I stepped out my front door tonight to put some recycling out in the bin when lo and behold, I found a small goodie sack with some homemade cookies from one of my neighbors.  I don't know all my neighbors very well but the ones I have met have been really lovely so far and to find a little token of kindness put a big fat smile on my face and put some faith back into my soul that good deeds still exist and some of those good deeds happen to me.  I must walk over and thank them.  And after the week I've had, some homemade cookies are the perfect pick-me-up.  It certainly won't go to waste!  In fact, I think a cookie before bed is just what I need.  Nighty night!  elizinashe

No comments: