Tuesday, December 16, 2014

'Tis the Season

Blackbird Fly....
Yep.  Christmas is coming.  All that holiday rush to get the presents squared away, mail your cards, pay the bills, plan for that Christmas gathering dinner and fight that traffic as people drive like idiots all around town.  It can really suck sometimes. 

I think I've been working a bit too much.  This past weekend was horrible.  I had three admits in one night all which had their own individual problems during the admission process which did nothing but create more stress.  I've basically have had one day off and I go back for the next three nights with Friday night off, to which I will be coming home that morning from work, and then go back for Saturday night for one more shift as they were short for that night and I picked up extra.  The pay will be nice, but it's beginning to wear a bit on my mentality.  

I've always had a love/hate relationship with the holidays.  It's always been a bit sad and uncomfortable since my brother died.  And now that my parents are officially divorced and my dad is living in Arkansas still and my mother about 45 minutes away from me, it makes Christmas time a bit weird.  I wish I could be with my dad because I worry about him being alone.  But I'm not ready to go back to that house.  Last time I was there, it was a very sad and lonely place and that was long before my parents divorced.  My mother was living out here already and she was not about to return to Arkansas.  It was a very screwy time that did not need to happen. 

And so, the 'holiday blues' are beginning to wax and wane in my little head.  I thought I'd have my tree up and break out all my Christmas decorations out since they have been in hibernation for many, many years but that didn't happen this year.  Maybe next time.  I certainly could use a little cheer that's for sure.  I've got a party invite for Friday night but I typically stay at home when I'm coming off of a string of working days.  Or shall I say nights?  It does mess with your head a bit and I'm too damn tired to be social.  Regardless, I always push on through and survive the ups & downs of Christmas time.  Or so I think.   Good thing I have plenty of wine around.  elizinashe

No comments: